Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

BLOGGING TAKES FOR STINKIN EVER!!!!!!!
I am so sorry that I have done such a terrible job with keeping you guys updated!
Blogging is hard for me, though, because it takes time and well there are just so many
other exciting things to be doing!! haha. I am going to try a lot harder now to keep you
updated! I promise!!

Because I talk a lot about the food to you all, I wanted to show you a few pictures!! The
first picture is Somaki (fish). IT IS SOOOOO GOOOD!!! The second picture (well there was
supposed to be a second picture. Sorry it's not there!) is Kachambaru (avocados,
tomatoes, red onions, carrots, cilantro, lemon juice, and cucumbers).
YUUUUUMMMMMMYYYY!!! These two food have been my favorite! :) If you can't tell,
this next picture is sugarcane! I had my first experience of eating it on the way to Mwingi.
Pastor Wambua and I were driving along and as we entered a town, he stopped on the side
of the road and people began to crowd around the car! They all had different things in their
hands-oranges, bananas, peas, tomatoes, and sugarcane- that they were trying to sell us.
Pastor bought a large amount of sugarcane and we began eating it! I have you know, I only
ate a few pieces, but he ate two whole bags!! haha. :) I had trouble biting it because my teeth
aren't near as strong as a Kenyans. I made more of a mess than anything!














Like I said on facebook, riding motorcycles is the way to go!! Charles, me, and my best
buddy Saul! They are a little scary because of all the bumpy roads, but definitely fun!

Who says
we can't
be father/
daughter?!?
At the
church in
Kumowongo
(not sure if
I spelled
that right),
each team
was asked to
plant a tree.
One from
America,
South Africa,
and Nairobi.
I was so excited when Pastor askedme to plant
the tree
from Nairobi!

This blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't post some pictures of my beautiful children that I get to spend
each day with!!These are all my boys!! Yes, I am claiming ALL OF THEM! These older boys like to make
fun of the way I talk. They continually try and copy my accent! They have learned, though,
that if they make fun of me too much I will chase them down and tickle them! haha.
This picture is my dearest little boy, Bilal.
He is my helper inclass one!

Yes, that is an extremely big beetle. He thought it would be funny
to throw it on me. I didn't laugh. ;)

Well, I hope this blog will allow you to take a step on this jouney that I
have been on. I am truly having an amazing time! I wish I could express
to you just how great it has been!
By the way, the dress making class finished my African dress today!! :) :)
It's SOOOO pretty! I am going to wear it on Sunday, so I will post pictures
then! Maureen took me shopping in the city today for accessories, and boy
was it fun! Maureen says I look more and more Kenyan each day. All I
have to do now is paint my skin with some charcoal! hehe. :) I hope you all
are doing great!! Thank you for the prayers and all the comments you have
beenleaving! They help me not miss you so much!

Ree –   – (June 24, 2010 at 2:00 PM)  

i like how you learned to braid your hair :P

Don  – (June 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM)  

Wow you are just amazing my dear. Oh how I wish your mother and me could be with you enjoying part of your adventure. Keep strong in the Lord and keep the blogs coming as I so look forward to hearing of all the things you are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Love Daddy :)

Anonymous –   – (June 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM)  

Daily prayers are with you Coco. You are an awesome young lady...and I know the Kenyans think so too. God bless you every minute of the day as you show others your love for OUR LORD!!!
Keep pedaling!!!
Luv - Ms Annie

my5cubs  – (June 25, 2010 at 6:24 AM)  

Awwww Coco - just got a chance to hurriedly read this blog update (9:16am Fri) was so tired yesterday, didn't get on computer after our phone call.

The pictures are amazing & so are you! I'm so excited about your amazing adventure & happy you are getting to experience a small part of your dreams and accomplishing radical things for our Lord God & Saviour - He's smiling down on you and watching over you - missed your cross in the pics, hope it didn't break off on one of your fast motorcycle races!

It's really a miracle that you are eating vegetables - hope you can show me how to cook that & the fish here, sounds yummy to me too. I never liked sugarcane either, tell Pastor you have to be careful with those teeth!!!

Will try and write more later, keeping Kenziepoo today and she's talking up a storm right now! She's getting so big and sleeping in her big bed and apparently loving it, cause Graham is having to wake her up every morning - he said yesterday, she slept til 9:30!

Sorry I missed your call last nite - I was dead to the world - even daddy didn't hear my phone, did put #in my phone though, so call back or I'll call you later today - LU4ever2m&b

Keisha  – (June 25, 2010 at 6:47 AM)  

Great Update Coco!! The food does look Yummy!
I LOL...when you said you didn't laugh when he threw the bettle on you.. TOO Funny! I showed it to Broughton.. he thought it was Funny! ;) I think him & Bilal would get along just GREAT! HA!
We all Miss ya But we're enjoying these updates!

Anonymous –   – (June 26, 2010 at 4:54 AM)  

Thanks for keeping us posted with your blog, my dear, 'cause I KNOW there are definitely more exciting and wonderful things to be doing! Ah, those boys . . . yes, several faces are familiar, and I miss them! YOU give them plenty of hugs from all of us . . .
Enjoy your time . . . I know God is continuing to bless your journey!
Love ya, gal!
Ms. Julia

Anonymous –   – (June 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM)  

Hi! I was about to read my book when my book mark fell out and of course that is my reminder to pray so I started praying and decided to check your blog. I am so glad you are doing well. How is the ministry part going? Are you still enjoying the teaching part? We love you and miss you!
Cindy White

Anonymous –   – (June 27, 2010 at 7:05 PM)  

What a wonderful and encouraging update. It's always a treat to read about your adventure. I know it's a bummer attaching pictures to your blog but we really do appreciate seeing them. Brings back lots of memories. I like that you got to plant a tree for Nairobi. Cool. Keeping you on the top of my prayer list. Bless you Chloe.
Marilynn

Unknown  – (June 28, 2010 at 7:50 AM)  

We are sooo glad that you posted an update. It's weird being here and just waiting to here some news. I am glad that you are doing well. Give Faith a hug from me each day. I miss her so. Keep up God's work there. It's just like that story about the boy and the sand dollar. As they washed up on the beach he would throw them back in the ocean. Someone told him that he was silly because he couldn't possibly save them all. He told him yeah he couldn't make a difference to all of them, but he could to this one. You may not reach everyone, but you can make a difference for Christ with those you meet. We love ya. Your in our prayers!!! Lori

Anonymous –   – (June 29, 2010 at 8:25 PM)  

So i just figured out that we can comment on your blog lol. Haha. :P Wow...Chloe it is so cool to read all the things you post on here... :):) I knew God was gonna do great things with you but i guess i didn't realize how much and how awesomely He was gonna use you!! It is just so AWESOME!!! :):) I miss you and I am so glad that you are having such a blast!!! I am prayin for you as you are away that you stay safe in all your travels and that God will keep blessing and using you while you are there:):) I love you!!! Can't wait to see the picture of your cool dress!!! :):)

Anonymous –   – (June 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM)  

haha...i forgot to tell you who posted that lol. That last post was from me Rach:):) (rachel mccook) totally forgot that it does not say my name lol. :p

Post a Comment


  © Blogs for Babies BFB 2007

Back to TOP